NA BISTER

Frankfurt am Main (plaque, Kruppstrasse)

Historical background

See: Frankfurt am Main (plaque, Dieselstrasse)

An office building stands in the place of the Roma and Sinti labour camp which started its operation in 1942.

 

Description of commemoration

A plaque just like the one at Dieselstraße. A metal plaque with a text in German on grey background and in thick, black frame.

 

 

Inscriptions

In German:

Auf dem Gelände Kruppstraße / befand sich seit 1942 ein nationalsozialistisches / Internierungslager für Sinti und Roma. // Im Frühjahr 1943 wurden von hier/  mehr als einhundert Menschen nach Auschwitz / deportiert und die meisten von ihnen wurden dort / ermordet.

Translation:

There was a Sinti and Roma camp in Kruppstrasse. In the spring of 1943, over a hundred detainees of this camp were deported to Auschwitz. Most of them were murdered.

Date of the unveiling

December 12, 1994

Author

Günter Maniewski

Initiator

The Association of the German Sinti and Roma Landesverband Hessen e.V.

Address

The corner of Borsigallee and Kruppstraße, the ”Kruppstraße” tram stop, 60388 Frankfurt am Main, Germany

Location

50°08’16.0″N 8°44’39.5″E

 

<iframe src=”https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m18!1m12!1m3!1d2414.069933138388!2d8.742118315454558!3d50.13776741772707!2m3!1f0!2f0!3f0!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!3m3!1m2!1s0x0%3A0x0!2zNTDCsDA4JzE2LjAiTiA4wrA0NCczOS41IkU!5e1!3m2!1spl!2spl!4v1508000369234″ width=”600″ height=”450″ frameborder=”0″ style=”border:0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>

 

Materials

http://gedenkorte.sintiundroma.de/index.php?ortID=19

 

 

Gallery

Leave a Reply